Travel to a new place will always give a new experience of life, so this time lets plan top places to visit in Rajasthan. Here are top & popular places to visit with family, colleagues, college friends and also you can plan reunion with old friends in Rajasthan
So before sharing about the top places to visit Rajasthan. Here are some important information about Rajasthan.
- Rajasthan Established on 30th March 1949.
- Capital and Largest City – Jaipur.
- Total Area – 3,42,239 square kms and Largest state of India area wise.
- State Dance – Ghoomar.
- State Mammal – Camel and Chinkara.
- State Bird – Godawan.
- State Flower – Rohida.
- State Tree – Khejri.
- State Game – Basket Ball.
Now the places to visit in Rajasthan are as below
Jaipur established in 1727 by Rajput ruler Jai Singh II hence called Old city and due to color of building color also called pink city. It’s 10th most populous city of India and only 287 kms from Delhi the National capital city. Jaipur is now listed under UNESCO’s Worlds Heritage Sites on 06th July 2019, having two world’s heritage sites Amer Fort and Jantar Mantar
Places to visits Near Jaipur
- Jodhpur – 348 Kms.
- Jaisalmer – 571 Kms.
- Udaipur – 421 Kms.
- Kota – 252 Kms.
Things to do in Jaipur
- Amer Fort – Located in Amer, 11 kms from Jaipur, this town was built by Meenas. This fort have Diwan-e-Aam or Hall of Public Audience, The Diwan-e-Khas or Hall of private Audience, the Sheesh Mahal or Jai Mandir, the Sukh Niwas which is artificially created cool place.
- Hawa Mahal – This was built by Maharaja Swai Pratap Singh the grandson of Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh in 1799. Hawa Mahal made up of Red and Pink sandstone. This place is just 4 min walk from Jantar Mantar.
- City Palace Jaipur – Established by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II in 1727, earlier this was court of then Maharaja Jai Singh II now turned in his museum. Opening time : 09:30 AM and Closing time 05:30 PM. This is just 2 min walking from Jantar Mantar.
- Jantar Mantar – Established by founder of Jaipur in 1734 and having 19 architectural astronomical instruments.
Best time to visit Jaipur
The popular and best time to visit Jaipur is Apr- May and Dec-Feb. Also every year Jaipur is hosting Jaipur Literature Festival.
2 . Udaipur
Founded by Maharaja Uday Singh II in 1559 and was the capital of Mewar Kingdom. This city is also called city of lakes.
Places to visit near Udaipur
Things to do in Udaipur
- City Palace – This palace was built in nearly 400 years by several rulers of Mewar dynasty and construction started in 1553, this palace is located on the eastern side of Lake Pichola. Opening time – 09:30 AM and Closing Time – 05:50 PM.
- Lake Pichola – The name of this lake based on the nearby village Picholi and was created in 1362 AD. This is artificial fresh water lake and having maximum length of 4kms.
- Saheliyon-ki-Bari – Built by Maharaja Sangram Singh in 1734 and this is on the bank of Fateh Sagar lake. Opening time – 08:00 AM & Closing time – 08:00 PM.
- Jagmandir – Also called as Lake Garden palace, this was on the name of last Maharana Jagat Singh and was last constructed in 1652. Opening time 10:00 AM to 06:00 PM.
Best Time to Visit Udaipur
Best time to visit Udaipur is October – January month and July -September. You can also visit in Holy Festival in the month of March and Mewar Festival in March April month.
Jodhpur settled by Rao Jodha in 1459, it’s one of popular tourist destination in India and world because of Forts, palaces, and temples. The city is also known as blue city or Sun city.
Places to visit near Jodhpur
Things to do in Jodhpur
- Mehrangarh Fort and Museum – This is one of the largest fort in India and built in 1459 by Rao Jodha. The fort is 410 feet above the city. Opening time 09:00 AM & Closing time 05:00 PM.
- Umaid Bhawan Palace – This is one of the world largest private residence. Built in 1943. The palace has 347 rooms. This palace is also awarded as World’s Best Hotel by Traveller’s Choice by Trip Advisor.
- Jaswant Thada – It’s a cenotaph built by Maharaja Sardar Singh in 1889 in the memory of his father Maharaja Jaswant Singh II. Opening time 09:00 AM & Closing time 06:00 PM.
- Kaylana Lake – This is artificial lake built by Pratap Sing in 1872. The lake’s area is 84 square kms. The average depth of this lake is 35-40 feet.
- Bal Samand Lake – This was built in 1159 AD by Gurjar – Pratihara rulers and was built water reservoir for Mandore having length of 1Km, breadth 50m and depth 15m.
Best Time to Visit Jodhpur
The best time to visit Jodhpur is October – May month of the year. The city having Desert Kite festival every year in Jan month, Nagaur Fair in Jan/Feb month and Marwar fest in September or October month. These are one of the reason to visit Rajasthan once in a year.
This is also known as Golden City because of Yellow sandstone architectures. The town is situated in the heart of Thar Desert.
Places to Visit Near Jaisalmer
Things to do in Jaisalmer
- Jaisalmer Fort – This fort is second oldest fort in Rajasthan built by Rajput Rawal Jaisal in 1156 AD. Due to sandy colour this fort is also called as Sonar Quila or Golden fort. Opening time – 07:00 AM & Closing time – 06:00 PM.
- Patwon ki Haveli/ Patwa Haveli – Built in 1800’s . Opening time 08:30 AM & Closing time 06:40 PM.
- Gadisar Lake
- Salam Singh Ki Haweli (Moti Mahal) – Built in 1815 with peacock shaped roof and numerous balconies. Opening time – 08:00 AM and Closing Time 05:00 PM.
Best Time to visit Jaisalmer
While planning the places to visit Rajasthan, Jaisalmer is one of the best place to visit and the best time to visit Jaisalmer is December to March month. People are also coming here in the Desert Festival which in Jan/Feb month of the year.
5. Ranthambore National Park
Ranthambore is a national park situated in Sawai Madhopur Rajasthan, established as Sawai Madhopur Game Sanctuary in 1955 by Government of India and become national park in 1980. Ranthambore National park is popular for Bengal Tigers also known for the largest tiger population.
Places to visit Near Ranthambore National Park
Kota and Jaipur
How to Reach Ranthambore National Park
- Railway : Nearest railway station is Sawai Madhopur which is 11 kms away. Also near to Kota Railway Station.
- Airport : Nearest airport is Jaipur.
Places to see in Ranthambore National Park
- Ranthambore Fort – The fort is within the National Park and comes under the worlds heritage sites. Built in 10th Century CE. Opening time 06:00 AM & Closing time 06:00 PM.
- Jogi Mahal – This is under the area of Ranthambore National Park.
- Trinetra Ganesh Temple Ranthambore – This is one of the oldest temple of Lord Ganesha in Rajasthan. Built in 1299 AD. There are 5 types of arti is taking place here Prabhat Arti (in Early Morning), Sringar Arti (at 09:00 AM), Bhog (at 12:00 Noon), Sandhya Arti (at 06:30 PM Summer and 05:30 PM in winter), Shayan Arti(at 08:00 PM).
Best time to visit Ranthambore National Park
The park is closed in Jul-Sep due to heavy rainfall. You can visit in November to February month and also in Ganesh Chaturthi Festival happening in August/September month.