Looking for spiritual places in Himachal or ecotourism in India then Bir a small village in Himachal Pradesh is best option for you. Bir, Himachal is know as noted center for ecotourism, spiritual studies and meditation. Here is all details about your Long Weekend Holidays.
About Bir and its some geography details
Coordinates – 32.05°N 76.70°E
State – Himachal Pradesh
Region – Baijnath
District – Kangra
Elevation – 1,525 m (5,003 ft)
Languages – Kangri, Hindi, English
PIN – 176077
Telephone code – 91-1894
How to Reach Bir, Himachal Pradesh
Road access to Bir is from the Bir Road turnoff (signposted) on NH 20, (now NH 154), approximately midway between Baijnath and Jogindernagar.
The nearest railway station is Ahju. on the narrow-gauge line running, between Pathankot and Jogindernagar via Kangra.
Gaggal airport is the nearest airport from Bir Billing, located at a distance of only 68 km from nearby Palampur. This airport is connected to Delhi through frequent flights.
Places to Visit in Bir Himachal Pradesh Popular in India for Long Weekend Trip
- The Bir Tibetan Colony (often simply called “Colony” by locals) is at the west end of the village of Chowgan, about a 20-minute walk (or five-minute taxi) below Upper Bir.
- Sherab Ling Monastery is a 50-to-70-minute walk (or 15-minute taxi) from Chowgan, or slightly longer from Upper Bir popular in India.
- The Bir-Billing area is a popular site for paraglider pilots, both Indians and visitors from all over the world and most popular in India.
- The flying season is from September to October, with some flying also done in November.
- The paragliding launch site is in the meadow at Billing (14 km north of Bir), at an elevation of 2400 metres.
Things to do Bir, Himachal Pradesh
- Paragliding in Bir Billing.
- Bir Tibetan Colony.
- Baijnath Temple.
- Palpung Sherabling Monastery.
Best Time to Visit Bir Himachal Pradesh