DD National or Doordarshan India’s Official TV Channel is now showing their old but most popular and famous TV serials to entertain the public in lock down period announced by our Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
Here are more details about the old re-telecasting TV programmes of India
Check the channel number of DD National on various platforms.
- Ramayan is an Indian-mythological series of 1987-88 on DD national.
- Director, Creator and writer of Ramayan – Ramanand Sagar.
- Ramayan one of the India’s and world epic.
- Ramayan TV serial is based on Valmiki’s Ramayan and Tulsidas’s Ramcharitramans.
- Viewership of Ramayan is 82%
- Earning to DD National from Ramayan is Rs. 40 Lac per episode.
- Ramayan Re-telecast on DD national from 28 March 2020 to 18 April 2020.
- Main star Cast of TV Serial Ramayan are – Arun Govil, Deepika Chikhalia, Sunil Lahri, Arvind Trivedi and Dara Singh.
- Mahabharat is one of the most famous and popular TV serial of DD national of 1987-88 series.
- Mahabharat produced by BR Chopra, Directed by Ravi Chopra and Music given by Raj Kamal.
- Writer of Mahabharat was urdu poet Rahi Masoom Raza.
- Number of episodes of Mahabharat are 94.
- Mahabharat TV serial of 1987-88 is the most successful Mahabharat produced for TV till time.
- Main star cast of Mahabharat – Nitish Bharadwaj, Mukesh Khanna, Gajendra Chauhan
- Shaktimaan is an Indian Hindi Language Super hero of 90s.
- Shaktimaan aired from 13 September 1997 to 27 March 2005 on DD national.
- Number of episodes of Shaktimaan – 450.
- Producer of Shaktimaan – Mukesh Khanna
- Star cast of Indian TV Super hero Shaktimaan – Mukesh Khanna, Vaishnavi Mahant, Kitu Gidwani, Surendra Pal.
- Chanakya is one of the 3 most popular historical drama on DD National.
- Writer and Director of Chanakya – Dr. Chandraprakash Dwivedi.
- Producer of Chanakya – Prakash Dwivedi.
- Chanakya aired on 8 September 1991 – 9 Aug 1992.
- Chanakya is based on 4th century BCE Indian economist, strategist and political theorist Chanakya or Vishnugupta.
- Main star cast of Chanakya – Chandra Prakash Dwivedi, Dinesh Shakul, Suraj Chaddha, Surendra Pal.
5. Jungle Book & Mowgli
- Jungle Book from Rudyard Kipling’s original collection of stories.
- Jungle book aired in 1989 having 52 episodes.
- Jungle book and Mowgli is one of the TV serial popular in India.
- Original Hindi song “Jungle Jungle baat chali hai” is lyrics by Gulzar.
- Main character of the Jungle Book – Mowgli, Bagheera, Baloo and Kaa.
6. Circus TV Series
- Circus is one of the popular television series in 1989 of DD National.
- Director of Circus – Kundan shah and Aziz Mirza.
- Main cast of Circus TV serial – Shahrukh Khan, Sameer Khakhar, Sunil Shendey.