This post is about the mother of Dance or the mother of Choreographer in India. She is known as Saroj Khan but her actual name is Nirmala Nagpal. She is one of the most famous choreographers and popular in India.
Saroj Khan’s BioData
- Born on 22 November 1948
- Died on: 3rd July 2020
- Original name : Nirmala Nagpal.
- Birth City: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Spouse: B Sohanlal
- Children: Sukanya Khan, Hamid Khan, and Hina Khan
- Career span: 40 Years.
- Choreographed more than 2000 songs.
Saroj Khan Early Life
- Saroj khan started her career as a child artist.
- Her first movie was at the age of 3 in Bollywood movie Nazarana.
- She also worked as a background dancer in 1950.
- Her first movie as an assistant choreographer was Geeta Mera Naam (1974).
- Her second choreographed song was Hawa Hawai in Mr. Indian in 1987 of Sridevi.
- She is one of the most successful choreographers of Bollywood.
- Her last Bollywood movie worked in Bollywood was Gulal Gang.
Saroj Khan Television Appearances
This is showing the career life of India’s Best Choreographer Saroj Khan’s appearances on Television channels.
- Saroj Khan first appeared as a Jury Member on TV for Nach Baliye a dance reality show in 2005.
- She again was shown on Nach Baliye 2.
- Ustaadoon ke ustaad which was aired on Sony Entertainment Television.
- She also appeared in Boogie Woogie.
Saroj Khan Worked Movie
Saroj Khan is working since 1975 so in this, we are sharing her work in the past and in now.
Saroj Khan’s working before 2000
- Hero – 1983
- Nagina – 1986
- Mr. India – 1987
- Tezaab – 1988
- Chandini – 1989
- Sailaab – 1990
- Darr – 1993
- Baazigar – 1993
- Anjaam – 1994
- Mohra – 1994
Saroj Khan’s working After 2000
- Kalank – 2019
- Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi – 2019
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns – 2015
- Gulaab Gang – 2014
- ABCD: Any Body Can Dance 2012
- Rowdy Rathore – 2012
- Agent Vinod – 2012
- Khatta Meetha – 2010
- Life Partner – 2009
- Love Aaj Kal – 2009
Saroj Khan as a Writer
Saroj Khan is also worked as a writer in many superhit Bollywood movies as the best choreographer of India.
- Veeru Dada – 1990
- Khiladi – 1992
- Hum Hain Bemisaal – 1994
- Nazar Ke Samne – 1995
- Chhote Sarkar – 1996
- Dil Tera Diwana – 1996
- Daava – 1997
- Judge Mujarim – 1997
- Bhai Bhai – 1997
- Hote Hote Pyaar ho Gaya – 1999
- Benaam – 1999
- Khanjar – 2003
Saroj Khan Award and Recognition
Saroj khan has received the most number of National Film Award for Best Choreography with 3 wins.
Saroj Khan’s National Award
|Year||Bollywood Movie||Nominated Work||Result|
|2003||Devdas||“Dola re Dola”||Won|
|2008||Jab We Met||“Yeh Ishq Haaye”||Won|
Saroj Khan’s Filmfare Award
Saroj Khan was the first receipt of the Filmfare’s best choreography since it instituted. Here is the list of awards given to Saroj Khan as a Filmfare Best Choreography.
- 1989 – Tezaab
- 1990 – Chaalbaaz
- 1991 – Sailaab for the song “Hum ko Ajj Kal Hai Intezaar“
- 1993 – Beta
- 1994 – Khalnayak
- 2000 – Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam
- 2003 – Devdas
- 2008 – Guru
American choreography Award
In 2002 Saroj Khan was awarded American Choreography for Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India.
Saroj Khan is also awarded Nandi awards for Best Choreographer: Choodalani Vundi