As the summer holiday is coming people are now planning to visit in Rajasthan here is the List of National parks of Rajasthan to visit with best time to visit, where to stay, entry fees for adults and children, open and close time. If you are planning to visit Rajasthan must have a look…..
1 : Ranthambore National Park
Ranthambore National Park was initially know as Sawai Madhopur Game Sanctuary. In 1955 Government of India changed it to National Park on 1 Nov 1980. This national park of Rajasthan is famous for the Tigers in all India, you can see them even in the day time.
- Ranthambore initially established as Sawai Madhopur Game Sanctuary in 1955.
Declared under one of the Project Tiger Reserves in 1973.
- Named as national park in 1 November 1980.
- Earlier area was 282 sq. kms now it is 1334 sq. kms.
- The best time for tiger sightseeing is November and May month.
- This national park is of deciduous forest having banyan tree as largest banyan tree of India.
- Founa Found here – Indian Leopard, Tigers, Nilgai, Wild boar, Sambar and many others.
- Best time to go Ranthambore National Park : November and May.
How to Reach Ranthambore National Park
- By Air – Jaipur is the nearest Air Port to Ranthambore National Park at a distance of 160 Kms.
- By Railway – Nearest Railway station is Swai Madhopur Railway station at distance of 11 kms. Top trains having halt at Sawai Madhopur Railway station are – Jaipur – Indore Superfast, Dyodaya Express, Jodhpur – Indore intercity, Hazarat Nizamuddin – Indore Express, Marusagar Express, Luxury Trains – The Palace on Wheels, The Royal Rajasthan on Wheels etc,
- By Roadways – Nearest Town is Sawai Madhopur which is connected to all major cities with National Highways.
Distance from Cities to Ranthambore National Park
- Jaipur – 130 kms
- Delhi – 365 kms.
- Jodhpur – 450 Kms.
- Kota – 114 kms.
- Ajmer – 258 kms.
2. Keoladeo National Park
The other name is Baharatpur Bird Sanctuary or Keoladeo Ghana National Park and is famous for Avifauna Sanctuary which have record of 230 types of bird species as a resident. It’s declared protected and World Heritage site with best bird watching site in Asia.
- It’s man made and man managed wetland National Park declared protected in 1971.
- This is home to 366 bird species, 379 floral species, 50 species of fish, 13 species of snakes, 5 species of lizards, 7 amphibian species, 7 turtle species.
- The sanctuary is one of the richest bird areas in the world.
- 1 Lac visitors are coming every year.
- Actually created 250 years ago and called Keoladeo because of Shiva temple in the boundary.
How to Reach Keoladeo National Park
- By Air – Agra is the nearest airport to Keoladeo National Park which is 56 kms only.
- By Railway – Nearest Railway stations are Jaipur, Agra, Mathura etc.
- By Roadways – Bharatpur or Keoladeo National Park is well connected with the National Highways roads.
3 . Desert National Park
The only desert National Park and one of the largest National Park in India situated near Jaiselmer and Barmer. This National park formed of craggy rocks and salt lake bottom.
- The coverage area is 3162 sq. kms. having India’s endangered Great India bustard bird.
- Best tome to visit Dessert National Park is November and January.
- The one of the famous antelope Chinkara is present here in good numbers. Superstar Salman Khan is still facing court case for hunting this.
How to Reach Dessert National Park
- By Air : Jodhpur is the nearest Airport to Dessert National Park.
- By Railways : Jaiselmer, Thiyat Hamira and Jetha Chandan are the nearest railway station to Dessert National Park.
4. Darrah National Park
This is 2004 established consist of 3 wildlife Sanctuaries named: Darrah Wildlife Sanctuary, Chambal Wildlife Sanctuary and Jawahar Sagar Wildlife Sanctuary. Its current name is Mukandara Hills National Park
- This is initialy of Maharaja of Kota Huting House.
- Its New name is Mukandara Hills National Park.
- Area of the national park is 278 sq kms.