In world there are many highest peaks but this post is related to the List of Mountains in India or the highest peaks of India which we should know as a general information because some times asked in government exams like RRB, SSC etc also we should know who loves to trek on peaks where some of the listed mountains of India are trek. This list is descending order of high.
1. Mount K2
- Also named as Chhogori or Mount Godwin or Savage Mountain.
- Mount K2 is also called deadliest Mountain where approx 1 out of 4 dies on mountain who reach.
- Height of Mount K2 – 8611 mtr 28,251 ft.
- This Mount k2 is second highest mountain in world after mount Everest.
- Location of Mount K2 is China-Pakistan border between balistan in the Gilgit Baltistan.
- Kanchenjunga is also named as Kanchenjunga Himal.
- Kanchenjunga is third highest mountain in the world.
- Height of Kanchenjunga is 8586 mtr or 28, 169 ft.
- Location of Kanchenjunga lies between Nepal and Sikkim.
- Kanchenjunga was first climbed on 25th May 1955 by Joe Brown and George Band.
3. Nanda Devi
- Name of Nanda Devi peaks is on the name of Willi Unsoeld’s daughter and also known as Bliss Giving Goddess.
- Nanda Devi Mountain is India’s 2nd highest and world’s 23rd highest mountain.
- Location of Nanda Devi is in the Garhwal Himalayas and in Chamoli district of Uttrakhand.
4. Saltoro Kangri
- Saltoro Kangri is known as Saltoro Range and the highest mountain of Saltoro Range.
- Height of Saltoro Mountain is 7742 mtr or 25,4000 fts.
- Saltoro is India’s 3rd highest and worlds 31st highest mountain.
- Saltoro mountain position is in Siachen Region.
- Kangto Mountain is also known as Kanggardo Rize.
- Its height is 7060 mtrs and 23,160 fts.
- Its India’s 5th highest mountain in list of Mountain.
- Location of Kangto mountain is Arunachal Pradesh.
6. Reo Purgyil
- Other name of Reo Purgyil are Leo Pargial, Leo Pargil.
- Height of Reo Purgyil is 6816 mtrs or 22362 fts.
- Reo Purgyil is India’s 6th highest and Himachal Pradesh 1st highest mountain in the list of Mountain of India.
- Location of Reo Purgyil is Himachal Pradesh and Tibet Border in the Kinnaur district.
7. Mount Saramati
- Mount Saramati is 7th highest peak in the list of mountains in India.
- Height of 7th highest peak mountain of India is 3826 mtrs or 12,552 fts.
- Mount Saramati is 117th highest mountain in world.
- Location of mount Saramati Thanamir village in the Kiphire district of Nagaland.
- Other name of Sandakphu is Sandakfu or Sandakpur.
- Height of Sandakphu mountain is 3665 mtrs or 12024 ft.
- Sandakphu is the India’s 8th highest mountain and 1st highest mountain in Darjeeling and of West Bengal.
- Location of Sandakphu mountain is Singalila National Park having a small village and some hotels.
- Interesting fact about Sandakphu mountain is you can see 4 of 5 highest peaks in the world named as Mount Everest, Kanchenjunga, Lhtose and Makalu.
- For trekking point of view Sandakphu and Phalut are one of the most popular mountains in India.
- Anamudi is named as is shape is like forehead of an elephant also known as Everest of South India as this is highest peak in south India or in the Western Ghat.
- Height of Anamudi 2695 mtr or 8,842 fts.
- Location of Anamudi is on the border of Devikulam Taluk, Idukki district and Kothamangalam Ernakulam district.
- Doddabetta named drived from two words of Kannada Dodda means – big and Betta means Hill.
- Doddabetta is 10th highest peak in India and 4th highest peak in South India.
- Height of Doddabetta is 2637 mtrs or 8652 fts.
- Location of Doddabetta is 9 kms from Ooty on Nilgiri Hills in Nilgiris district of Tamil Nadu.
- Doddabetta is the one of the popular tourist attraction with the road access.