As we have found from this topic Uses of Some important Metals, non-Metals and Alloys many questions were asked in many competitive government exams like SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC CPO, SSC Delhi Police, UPSC CDSE, UPSC NDA, Railways RRB NTPC, Railway loco pilot exams.
Remember these uses of Metals and Non-Metals for upcoming Government Jobs
Metals : Metals are the elements which are hard, lustrous, ductile, malleable, sonorous and conductor of heat and electricity.
Non-Metals : Non-metals are the elements which are soft, non-lustrous, and non-conductor or heat and electricity.
- Ferrous Oxide (FeO) – is used to prepare ferrous salts and green glass.
- Ferric Oxide (Fe2O3) – is used in Jeweller’s rouge.
- Silver Nitrate (AgNO3) – is called lunar caustic and is used to prepare the link used during voting.
- Silver Iodide (AgI) – is used for artificial rain.
- Mercuric Chloride (HgCl2) – is used to prepare calomel and as a polson.
- Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) – is used as an oxidising agent. bleaching agent, and insecticide and for washing old oil painting.
Important Alloys and their Uses for competition examinations
|Alloy Name||Compositions of Alloys||Uses of Alloys|
|Brass||Copper(70%)+Zinc(30%)||In making utensils|
|Bronze||Copper(90%)+Tin(10%)||In making coins, bells, utensil.|
|Gun Metal||Copper(88%)+Tin (10%)+ Zinc(2%)||In making gun, barrels, gears, and bearings.|
|German Silver||Copper(60%)+Zinc(20%)+Nickel(20%)||In making utensils.|
|Bell Metal||Copper(80%)+Tin(20%)||For casting bells, Statues|
|Munz Metals||Copper(60%)+Zinc(40%)||In making coins.|
|Magnalium||Aluminium(95%)+Magnesium(5%)||For frame of Aeroplanes.|
|For making automobile parts.|
|Type Metals||Lead(80%)+Antimony(15%)+Tin(5%)||in printing industry.|
|For making utensils & Surgical cutlery|
|In Making Heater coil|