Gorakhpur name comes from sanskrit Gorakshapuram which means abode of Gorakhnath Temple. The history of Gorakhnath temple connecting with ancient India. In this post sharing the places to visit in Gorakhpur, with famous places of Gorakhpur popular in India.
1. Gorakhnath Temple, Gorakhpur
- Founder of Gorakhnath is Guru Matsyendranath.
- Gorakhpur city name is from saint Gorakshanath.
- Every year 1 month of Mela is organised by Gorakhnath Temple on the occasion of Makarsankrati. Mela starting from 14th Jan to 14th Feb.
- Fountain music show is showing every day here in evening time after 06:30 PM. Fee of the fountain music show is Rs.30 per person.
2. Vishnu Temple, Gorakhpur
- Temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
- This temple is connection to 12th Century Pal dynasty.
- The four corners of the temple are dedicated to deities Jaganathpuri, Badrinath, Rameshwaram and Dwarka .
- The statue of Lord Vishnu is of Black stone also known as Kasauti.
3. Geeta Vatika, Gorakhpur
- Geeta Vatika Temple one more temple popular in India and is just 3 Km from Gorakhpur Railway station on Piparaich road.
- Having grand temple of Lord Krishna.
- Is the only temple offering 24 hrs non-stop prayers.
- Geeta Vatika is built by Shri Hanuman Prasad Poddar also the editor of religious magazine Kalyan.
- Geeta Vatika also have the only cancer hospital in Gorakhpur which is providing services like medicine and operation to all on concessional rate.
4. Arogya Mandir, Gorakhpur
- Established in 1940 by Late Bitthal Das Modi.
- Here the patient are giving natural treatment called Naturopathy.
- At Arogya mandir students are getting high quality education which help the students to in their personal and professional life.
- Arogya Mandir is giving treatment and education with hands-on practice on acupressure which is future of healthcare.
5. Geeta Press, Gorakhpur
- Geeta Press is just 4km away from Gorakhpur Railway station on Reti chowk
- Geeta Press is worlds largest publisher of hindu religious texts.
- All the 18 parts of the bhagwat geeta is on the marble wall.
- You can buy Bhagwat Gita and many other religious books from here on concessional rates.
6. Imambara, Gorakhpur
- Imambara is just 2.6 kms from Gorakhpur railway station.
- Built by Roshan Ali Shah in 1717 AD.
- It is popular in India and one of the famous place to visit in Grakhpur.
- Imambara is also famous for gold and silver tajiya.
7. Ramgarh Taal, Gorakhpur
- Ramgarh Taal is just 3 kms from Gorakhpur railway station.
- Ramgarh taal is beautiful natural lake of 1700 acres area.
- It is one of the main tourist place to visit in Gorakhpur.
- You can enjoy the greenish blue water of the lake and colorful fountain.
- Ramgarh taal is bigger than Dal lake of Kashmir and because of this is one of the famous places to visit in Gorakhpur and near by.
- Now a days Ramgarh taal is more popular in the new couples.
8. Archeological Museum, Gorakhpur
- Archeological Museum is just 4.5 kms from Gorakhpur Railway Station.
- It is one of the famous tourist places in Gorakhpur to visit and popular in India.
- This is dedicated to lord Buddha also having good collection of Indian history, sculptures and paintings.
- If you are coming to Gorakhpur must visit this place.
9. Planetarium or Taramandal, Gorakhpur
- Taramandal is just 5 kms from Gorakhpur railway station and you can reach in just 10-12 minutes.
- Taramandal is built by Veer Bahadur Singh just to motivate the upcoming students in science.
- This place is popular in people who loves space science and universe.
- Nearby places schools bringing their students here on school tour or on picnic trip where students get more information about universe and its functions.
10. Rail Museum, Gorakhpur
- Rail Museum is just 2 kms from railway station and it will take only 10 minutes from there.
- Rail Museum opens daily except Monday.
- This is one of the most famous places to visit in Gorakhpur with family, friends to know more about the Indian Railway history and North Eastern railway headquarter Gorakhpur.