This content is from government of India websites like ministry of health and family welfare just to share the information to public about how to wash hand and when should you wash your hands to kill viruses just like corona viruses.
Why Hand Wash is required for better Health?
Reason of Hand Wash is required as per below.
- Hand is the only part which is connected to other parts like we eat food etc.
- We clean our faces, eat food, clean cloths by use of Hands only.
When to wash Hand?
- Before eating, serving or preparing food.
- After using the washroom.
- After blowing your noise, sneezing or coughing.
- After touching pets or other animals.
- Wash your hands for every reason.
- After outdoor activities.
- Before and after visiting anyone who’s sick.
Steps for Hand Washing
- Wet hands with water.
- Apply enough soap to cover the surface of your hands.
- Keep your right palm over left palm thus interlacing fingers and vice versa.
- Rub you palm to palm with fingers interlaced.
- Rub your hands together vigorously and scrub all surfaces: Lather up on both sides of your hands, your wrists, between your fingers, and around your nails.
- Do rotational rubbing of left thumb clasped in right palm and vice versa.
- After that rotationally rub your hands backwards and forward with clasped ﬁngers of right hand in left palm and vice versa.
- Rinse hands with water and dry thoroughly with a single use towel and use the towel to turn off the tap.
- Now your hands are clean and safe.
Points to remember
- Keep natural nails short (tips less than 0.5 cm long).
- To prevent dry skin, use a mild soap with warm water, pat rather than rub hands dry, and apply a moisturizing lotion.
- When there is no soap or water available, waterless hand soaps or sanitizers are a good alternative. They’re usually available as a liquid or wipes and often come in small travel size.