Are you or your loved one is completing 18 years this time? Must enroll him/her in the voter list so that he/she can use her/his power of democracy in casting and choosing the best leader for good governance of his/her region of state. Below is Your Complete Guide to Registering for a Voter ID in India and steps How to Register for voter Identity card.
Voter Identity and Its Benefits in India
A Voter ID, also known as an Elector’s Photo Identity Card (EPIC), is an essential document that allows you to cast your vote during elections in India. If you are an Indian citizen and over the age of 18, you are eligible to apply for a Voter ID. In this guide, we will take you through the step-by-step process of registering for a Voter ID in India.
First Check the Eligibility Criteria for Voter Id Card.
Step 1: Check Eligibility
To apply for a Voter ID in India, you need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be an Indian citizen
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be a resident of the constituency where you want to register as a voter.
Step 2: Gather Required Documents
To apply for a Voter ID, you need to provide certain documents. Here are some of the essential documents that you will need to gather before applying:
- Passport-sized photographs.
- Address proof (Aadhar Card, passport, driving license, utility bill, etc.)
- Age proof (birth certificate, Aadhar Card, 10th Marksheet, school leaving certificate, etc.).
- Identity proof (passport, PAN card, driving license, etc.)
Step 3: Fill the Application Form
Once you have gathered all the required documents, you can fill out the application form. You can obtain the form online on the official website of the Election Commission of India or at the nearest Election Commission office.
Step 4: Submit the Form and Documents
After filling out the application form, attach the required documents and submit them to the Electoral Registration Officer (ERO) of your constituency. You can submit the documents either in person or by post.
Step 5: Verification
After you have submitted the application form and documents, they will be verified by the ERO. Once the verification process is complete, you will receive your Voter ID card by post.
Registering for a Voter ID in India is a straightforward process. By following the above steps, you can get your Voter ID and exercise your right to vote during elections. It’s important to note that you need to keep your Voter ID safe and secure, as it is a valuable document that serves as proof of your citizenship and identity.
Benefits of Having Voter Identity Card in India
- Allows you to Vote: A Voter ID card is the primary document that allows citizens to cast their vote during elections. Without a Voter ID, you will not be allowed to vote in India.
- Proof of Identity: The Voter ID card serves as proof of identity and citizenship, which is required for a variety of purposes, such as opening a bank account, getting a passport, and more.
- Helps Eliminate Electoral Fraud: Voter ID helps eliminate the possibility of electoral fraud, as it ensures that only eligible voters can cast their vote. Voter ID also reduces the risk of duplicate voting and impersonation.
- Easy to Carry: Voter ID is a compact and easy-to-carry document, making it convenient to carry it around with you.
- Enables Online Services: With Voter ID, you can avail of various online services related to elections, such as checking your voter registration status, polling booth location, and election results.
- Encourages Political Participation: By having a Voter ID, citizens are encouraged to participate in the democratic process and exercise their right to vote.
In summary, having a Voter ID in India is crucial for citizens to exercise their right to vote and participate in the democratic process. It also serves as a proof of identity and citizenship and helps eliminate the possibility of electoral fraud.
Where & How to track voter id card creation
In India, you can track the status of your Voter ID card creation online through the National Voter Service Portal (NVSP) website. Here’s how you can track your Voter ID card creation status:
- Visit the NVSP website at https://www.nvsp.in/
- Click on the “Track Application Status” link on the homepage.
- Select the “Application ID” option and enter your Application ID and Captcha code.
- Alternatively, you can select the “Reference ID” option and enter your Reference ID, which is sent to your mobile number after submitting the application.
- Click on “Track Status.”
- The current status of your Voter ID card application will be displayed on the screen.
It’s important to note that the Voter ID card creation process can take some time, so it’s advisable to keep checking the status of your application regularly. If you face any issues or have any queries, you can contact the Voter Helpline by calling the toll-free number 1950 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.